Media accreditation is now open for the Istanbul 2023 European Athletics Indoor Championships on 2-5 March.
- The closing date for media to apply for accreditation with accommodation is Tuesday 31 January.
- The closing date for media to apply for accreditation without accommodation is Thursday 16 February.
Prospective applicants are invited to apply via one of the four applicable links below:
Courtyard by Marriott Istanbul West
Fatih Caddesi Dereboyu Sokak No.2 Halkalı, 34303 Istanbul.
Room rates (per room, per night - includes local tax/VAT, breakfast and WiFi):
Single Room: 130 EUR
Twin room: 150 EUR
The website for the official media hotel is here:
Check-in time 14:00
Check-out time 12:00
- You are kindly requested to proceed with payment no later than five (5) working days after the receipt of your accommodation invoice in order to guarantee your hotel booking.
- Your accommodation booking will be guaranteed only after receipt of the full payment of your accommodation costs.
- If full payment is not received within five (5) working days after the accomdation invoice has been sent, your reservation will be released.
- For any cancellation made up to and including 31 January 2023, no cancellation fee will be charged.
- For any cancellation made from 1 February 2023, 100 percent of the total accommodation cost will be charged as a cancellation fee.
Official entry point:
- Airport – Istanbul Airport (IST), Tayakadın, Terminal Cad No:1, 34283 Arnavutköy/İstanbul, Turkiye.
Transfers between the airport and Media Accreditation Centre will be provided upon arrival for registered media. The shuttle bus can then be taken between the Media Accreditation Centre and the official media hotel.
Transfers between the official media hotel (note: NOT the competition venue) and the airport will also be provided for accredited media upon departure.
To those who are accredited for the event, the Local Organising Committee will provide transportation between the official media hotel and the competition venue.
Times of the shuttle bus will be provided at the information desk in the media hotel. The distance between the media hotel and the competition venue is approximately 25 minutes.
The participants from the following countries require visas to enter the Republic of Türkiye:
- Ireland (only official passport holders are required to have visa. Ordinary passport holders are exempted from visa)
- Great Britain passports holders with 'British National Citizen', British Overseas Territory Citizen, 'British Subject' or 'British Protected Person' status are required to get a visa to enter the Republic of Türkiye, and these visa can only be obtained from an overseas Turkish diplomatic mission or consulate.
Media Accreditation Centre
The Media Accreditation Centre is located inside Sinan Erdem Arena which is approximately 150 metres from the main venue.
The Media Accreditation Centre opening hours are:
Tuesday 28 February 09:00-00:00
Wednesday 1 March 09:00-00:00
Thursday 2 March 09:00-22:00
Friday 3 March 09:00-00:00
Saturday 4 March 09:00-19:00
Sunday 5 March 09:00-12:00
The Media Centre is located inside Sinan Erdem Arena which is approximately 150 metres from the main venue.
Media Centre opening hours are:
Tuesday 28 February 13:00-19:00
Wednesday 1 March 13:00-22:00
Thursday 2 March 13:00-23:00
Friday 3 March 08:00-00:00
Saturday 4 March 08:00-00:00
Sunday 5 March 09:00-00:00
Changes and corrections
If you wish to change or amend your details, please log into the registration platform and use the same link that you used to register.